Steps to Troubleshoot HP OfficeJet 4650 Printing Errors
A printer is Offline:
The HPOfficejet 4650 printer is “offline” issue is a common one among any model HP printer and you can solve it easily. You can perform all the HPOfficejet 4650 All-in-one printer troubleshooting with very simple solutions given on our website. The solutions to the Printer is offline issue include,
- Using HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Changing the default printer settings
- Checking the connection status and reset the printer
- Choosing of the correct input port
- Updating the firmware
- Creating a manual connection
- Adding another printer device to the network
- Making use of the HP Printer Assistant
Print and Scan Doctor
- The software will automatically resolve the Printer is “offline” issue if it is supported by a Windows 8 or later OS.
- If you are using an earlier version of the Windows operating system, then manually run the software to troubleshoot the issue
- Follow the instructions that appear on your computer screen and do a test print to check if the issue persists.
Default printer settings
- If you recently added a new printer to your computer, then the existing printer might have lost the status of a default printer
- To overcome the issue, go to the DEVICES AND PRINTERS menu on your computer
- Find the icon for your old printer
- Right-click on the icon and select the SET AS DEFAULT PRINTER option
- Now, check if your printer is online
- If it is still offline, then proceed to the next step
Connection status and printer reset
- If it is wired connection, then check the Ethernet cable connected to the printer and the router
- In case of a USB connection, make sure the USB cable is connected to the printer and the computer
- Make sure that the indicator lights on the printer are shows a steady green light and a blinking orange light
- If it is a wireless connection, then access the SETTINGS menu to turn ON the WIRELESS SIGNAL STRENGTH
- To reset the printer, disconnect the power cord from the supply source and wait for a minute
- Reconnect the power cord to check if the printer is back online
- Make sure that the automatic updates for your printer are turned ON in your computer
- If not, manually update the firmware to resolve this issue
- This method is for connecting your printer to your computer using a USB connection
- This way, the computer establishes a manual IP address connectivity with the printer
- And the printer will not go offline
HP Printer Assistant
- Access the DEVICE AND PRINTERS menu on your computer
- Right-click on the printer icon corresponding to your printer and select the REMOVE DEVICE option
- Open the HP Printer Assistant app and search for your printer to add your printer
- Now, you can try printing using this app
Other common printer issues:
- Paper Jam
- Printer not Printing
- Replacing ink cartridge
- Print quality is poor
Solutions for the common printer problems:
1. Paper Jam:
This issue is the most commonly occurring one with any model HP Printer/any printer. There can be number of reasons for the paper jam to occur.
- You used a wrong paper type.
- Rollers on the printer are worn down
When you remove the paper from the rollers after a paper jam, make sure you remove all the bits without leaving any. Do not use old paper. It absorbs a lot of moisture. Use the correct paper type that is suitable for your printer. Do not use thick cards as most of the printers for home use, use thin paper types. Make sure you clean the printer periodically and use the correct paper type to avoid the paper jam issue.
2. Printer not printing:
A printer might not print for various reasons. Perform the basic checks first.
- Check if you see any error messages.
- Also, check if you see any warning lights.
- Make sure you have inserted papers in the paper tray.
- Check for the ink levels on the ink or toner cartridges.
- Look for the printer wireless connectivity status.
- Check if you have connected the USB cable between the printer and the system securely.
After you do the basic check and if everything is ok, then check the following
- Make sure you have installed the correct printer driver that suits your printer model.
- It can also be because of some software you have recently installed.
- This software may have ‘virtual printer’ which when you print a file will get saved here instead of sending it to the actual printer.
- You can change this manually. Go to the control panel and choose devices and printers.
- Look for your printer name, right click on it and set it as
- You can also use the HP Print and Scan doctor to identify and rectify the problems.
3. Replacing the ink cartridge:
You will not be able to print if your printer runs out of ink. Your printer will send you a warning about the ink levels before it runs out. You can purchase a new cartridge as soon as you see the warning. Even after you see the warning message and if you are an occasional user, you can keep using the printer until the ink runs out completely. You can find the steps to replace the ink cartridges on our website.
4. Print quality is poor:
Check the printer nozzles:
The nozzles on the inkjet printer can get blocked sometimes. You can clean the printer nozzles to solve this issue. On the printer manual’s maintenance section, find the procedures to clean the printer nozzle.
You can check if you have set the print density to low if you get a faded output. Also, check if your toner is running out of ink.
Thus, you will be able to resolve all the issues you face using the HP Officejet 4650 All-in-one printer troubleshooting solutions. You can visit 123.hp.com/setup and get the guidance from our technical team online if you are not able to resolve the issue. Call us at +1-820-300-0230 to talk with our support team for additional guidance.