HP Officejet Pro 8100 Drivers
The HP Officejet Pro 8100 drivers come with significant attributes that enable the printer to function smoothly. HP printers (123.hp.com/setup) require software and driver installations to activate their operations.
Printer driver and its characteristics
- A driver can be any software program that allows a hardware device to communicate with the operating system of a device.
- Similarly, a printer driver is a software that helps the printer in communicating with the operating system of the computer to which it is connected.
- These drivers vary according to the operating system used and they are broadly classified as,
- Mac OS
- Under each category, you will find different driver versions corresponding to the different OS versions
- The working principle behind the driver software is simple.
- Print commands from the printing applications are sent to the driver software.
- The driver then processes this information into a format that the printer can understand.
- The processed print commands are then sent to the printer from the driver.
- Follows these commands and completes the print job.
The different versions of HP Officejet Pro 8100 drivers
The classification made here is based on the different OS for HP Officejet Pro 8100 drivers.
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows XP (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows Vista (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows 8 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows 10 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Mac OS X 10.5
- Mac OS X 10.6
- Mac OS X 10.7
- Mac OS X 10.8
- Mac OS X 10.9
- Mac OS X 10.10
- Mac OS X 10.11
- Mac OS X 10.12
- Mac OS X 10.13
Downloading the 8100 drivers
- Open the product’s support site on a web browser
- In the search box enter the text “HP Officejet Pro 8100 drivers”
- From the results, select the SOFTWARE AND DRIVERS option
- You will be directed to the DRIVERS webpage
- The website will automatically detect the operating system running on your device
- If you want the driver for another system with a different OS, then make the appropriate selections
- You have an option to choose between a full feature driver and software package and individual drivers
- Read the description for each driver and select the one that best suits your need
- Select the DOWNLOAD button to download the driver files
- Once the download completes, select the .exe files to install the drivers on your computer and take a test print