HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A Printhead
Utilize all of the HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A printer’s features when all parts work in cohesion. Where each cartridge and printhead provides reliable printing and durability, there are several instances where you might have to replace them.
The replacement of the printhead for your 8500A printer is quite simple. Just follow the instructions provided herein.
In case you feel that you need some expert assistance, call us on our toll-free number and our support team will guide you through the process.
- To begin the process, turn on your printer
- Open the printer’s cover followed by the printhead latch
- The carriage should automatically move to the left
- If that does not happen, switch off and switch on the printer once again
- Then long press the (*) button for approximately three seconds
- Locate the printhead in the compartment
- Then locate the printhead handle
- Lift the handle and use it to pull the printhead out of the HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A printer
- Carefully put aside the old printhead and send it for recycling
- Before installing the new printheads, make sure you shake them well
- This has to be done before removing the packing materials
- Get rid of the all packing materials from the printhead
- This may include tapes and clips (mostly in orange color for easy identification)
- It also has a protective cap which has to be removed before installation
- Each slot is color coded
- Match the slot and then insert the respective printhead
- To ensure that the latch is properly engaged after insertion, pull it all the way forward
- Some pressure is needed to do this
- Close the latch of the printhead
- Close the cover of the printer
- You have to align the newly inserted printheads
- This happens automatically or can be done manually
- If the alignment occurs automatically, then printer will print an alignment page
- Else, you have to begin the alignment process manually
In order to manually align the printheads of your HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A printer (123.hp.com/setup), follow these below-given steps.
- Access the control panel on your printer
- Select the SETUP button à press the number 6 or select TOOLS
- Press the number 4 or select the ALIGN PRINTER option
This will start the alignment process in no time. If you are not able to proceed any further, don’t hesitate to call us on our toll-free number at +1-855-718-4110 or chat with us at 123-hp-com-ojpro.com