HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Printhead Issue
All HP printers (123.hp.com/setup) are designed in such a way that users can easily troubleshoot them and at the same time be able to replace certain parts without much strain. One such thing that you can do by yourself is the printhead that you may find near your cartridges. We are just going to escort you through the process of replacing the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 printhead and you are pretty much going to do it by yourselves.
First things first, you should remove the old printhead from the printer before replacing it with a newer one.
How to remove the PrintHead from the printer?
- To do that, you will have to open the cartridge access door of your printer.
- Wait until your printer becomes idle and then you may go ahead and remove the cartridge.
- There is a latch handle which has to be lifted to be able to remove the printhead.
- The printhead has to be then lifted and slightly tugged out towards you to dislodge it from the printer.
- However you need not remove the cartridges from the printhead, they can be kept intact.
- The underside of the printhead may have ink stains so make sure you handle it with care.
How to install a new PrintHead?
- If you have bought the original replacements, then you will find that they are placed in a small plastic box.
- Make sure that the printhead and the ink cartridges are rid of any packing material or other plastic tapes.
- Carry them in such a way that you do not touch the copper colored parts as they are the electrical contacts and the nozzles.
- Before inserting the printhead, hold it with the electrical contacts facing away from you.
- You then insert the printhead once you lower the latch handle, only then your printhead will sit perfectly.
- Now that the printhead has been inserted, it’s time to insert the different cartridges according to the color coded slot (you will know what we are talking about if you currently have the printhead and the cartridges in your hand).
You can now happily proclaim that you have replaced the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 printhead all by yourself. As soon as you complete the installation process, it is best to take a test print to verify that you have done it correctly. In case there are any discrepancies in the test print and you come to find out that there is some faulty part, then you have the option of mailing the test print along with the faulty part to HP to request for a replacement. If your reason is valid, you are sure to get a replacement.Always make sure that you buy original HP products be it a cartridge or a printhead. It will better the performance of your printer and also lets you have a trouble free printing experience. Get more troubleshooting tips at https://www.123-hp-com-ojpro.com or +1-820-300-0230.