HP Officejet Pro 8720 Driver Download Failed to Install
After the latest update of Windows 10, the HP Officejet pro 8720 driver sometimes will not be installed properly. The printer stops functioning and the error message ‘driver unavailable’ will be displayed on the printer menu.
- The immediate solution would be to follow the troubleshooting steps.
- If that does not work then uninstall the printer and its software- after this you may not be able to reinstall the software again.
- You might still see the printers on the network but it will not move past the discovery process.
- Trying to uninstall with a USB connection may also not be helpful.
The following steps will help you to solve the installation problem of the 8720’s driver.
In such situations follow the below-given steps:
Reset the windows Winsock Catalog to Default and then reinstall the software again (123.hp.com/setup)
Step1: Stop the HP Officejet Pro 8720 driver installation process
- Right click on the windows button on your desktop. On the search dialog box type Task manager.
- Click on the processor tab on the task manager and click on HP installer program and select End Task.
Note: it might take a few minutes for the process to end. In case you get any popup dialogue box click End Task in that.
- Close the task manager.
Step 2: Uninstall the Printer software
- Click on the start button on the Windows desktop and select programs and then select features.
- Right-click on the name of your HP printer and select Uninstall from the drop-down list box. Follow the instructions and uninstall the software.
Note: if you do not see and HP software on the list then it means you do not have any HP software installed.
- Repeat the steps that follow and uninstall other HP printer software.
- Restart the computer before you start the reinstallation process.
Step 3: Reset the Winsock settings and Restart your computer
- Click on the start button on your desktop window screen and search for command prompt.
- In the command prompt type netsh Winsock reset and press enter.
- Restart your computer.
Step 4: Reinstall the software
Note: if you have already downloaded the software file double click on it and follow the onscreen instructions to install the printer software
- Switch on your computer.
- Disconnect the USB between your printer and the computer if any.
- Go to HP customer support – and then select Software- from that select drivers and downloads.
- You will get a pop-up message. In that select the method by which your printer model can be identified.
- Keep following the instructions that come onscreen to go to the download page.
- Click on download option next to full feature HP Officejet pro 8720 driver (recommended) or click on basic drives option for other driver option.
These are the steps to be followed in case you encounter a problem during the installation of HP Officejet pro 8720 driver or if your download fails to install. For more queries call our toll-free number +1-855-718-4110 or chat with our printer support at 123-hp-com-ojpro.com