HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 setup and install
The HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 setup using a wired connection or a wireless connection. There are certain prerequisites for each mode of connectivity which we will try to elaborate for you.
When doing a wired setup, it is better to follow the below given steps a little diligently. The wired setup requires you to make proper connections between the different devices using the appropriate cables. You may find that the installation process does not yield any fruit if you are messy with your wired connections. On the other hand, troubleshooting a wired connection is easier when compared to other installation methods.
- Before you start your process, you must be equipped with a computer, a router with Ethernet ports, Ethernet cables and of course your printer
- Connect your printer and your computer to the same router using the Ethernet cables
- On your computer, select Start button-> In the Search box type and select the name of your printer
- Select Printer setup and software options-> select Connect a new printer option
- Now follow the onscreen instructions to successfully download the printer software on your computer
- You can download the software from our website or make use of your installation CD
If you seem to be stuck in the middle of nowhere, give us a call in our customer care number and we will deliver you from this situation.
A wireless setup is one in which you will be connecting your HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer to your computer and your router sans any cables. Just like magic. Before we jump into setting up of your printer wirelessly, you should ensure that your router is up to date, meaning it can connect wirelessly.
- Prior to the setup, get details regarding the name of the network and the network’s password
- Make sure you switch on your computer, printer and most importantly your router
- Above all, you must have a decent internet connection to make all of this magic possible
- The computer and the printer need to be connected to the same wireless network
- Make sure that other Ethernet cables or USB devices are disconnected from your printer
- On your printers control panel, touch the Wireless icon from the Dashboard
- Then select the Setup icon->Wireless Settings-> Wireless Setup Wizard
- From the list of available networks, select the name of your network
- If the list does not contain your network’s name, then select the Enter New Network Name option and follow the onscreen instructions
- Now you can download and install the printer’s software from the website wirelessly