HP Officejet Pro 8740 not Printing Black
There are eight possible solutions to your HP Officejet pro 8740 not printing black. First, try to identify which solution most suits your issue and take up that remedial action.
To make your printing life simpler our website has remedies to most of your printer issues (123.hp.com/setup). For the ones that you don’t find a solution on your website, you will find it with our team of experts who are just a call away. Contact them on our toll-free number round the clock.
Use original Cartridges
Though the original cartridges are way costlier than their duplicate counterparts, it is wiser to use of genuine HP cartridges to avoid such problems.
Your printer has the capability of calibrating itself. If this not solves the issue, then try our other solutions.
- The paper that you use for your HP Officejet pro 8740 printer should be of the finest quality with the ColorLok technology.
- Make sure that the paper is not crumbled
- The paper used should also be the right size.
- When using photo sheets, ensure that the printing side is placed correctly.
- The settings on your printer and the paper that you insert for printing must match. If that does not happen then you may find difficulty in printing black.
- Another important setting that needs to be checked is the Print in Grayscale
- Open the printer properties from the application from which you are printing
- Check the paper quality and the paper size
- Under the Advanced options select Document options and set the Print in Grayscale setting to Off
Replace the cartridge
The HP Officejet pro 8740 not printing black issue can also be caused by a near empty to empty black cartridge. In such cases, all you have to do is replace your cartridge that is empty. Look for instructions on our website for replacing your cartridges.
Do a test print
There is something called the Print Quality Diagnostic report using which you will be able to identify the issues with your printer or the cartridges. To know how to do that, give us a call.
In the Print Quality Diagnostic report, if you find that any cartridge is defective in spite of being full, you will have to replace them too. If the damage was not from your side, then you may end up replacing it for a new one with the manufacturer, free of cost.
If all else fails, then you are left with the only option of servicing your HP Officejet pro 8740 printers.
If none of the above solutions have yielded any fruit, then you must get the help of our expert team to get your printer printing perfectly once again. You can call our toll-free at +1-855-718-4110 or visit us at 123-hp-com-ojpro.com