HP OfficeJet Pro x476dw Printhead Error
A ‘Missing or Failed Printhead’ Displays for HP Officejet Pro 251dw, 276dw, in addition to 8600 Printer. After setting up a fresh printhead, a ‘Missing or Failed Printhead’ mistake message displays on typically the printer control panel and the printer does not print. An unlatched or improperly seated printhead can result in this error. If your having HP OfficeJet Pro x476dw Printhead Error on your printer screen,
Example message within the printer control screen
“Missing or failed Printhead”
The printhead appears to be able to be missing, not recognized, or incorrectly installed.
Try out the following solutions in the order presented to be able to resolve the issue. When one of the solutions resolves the problem, there will be no need to keep on troubleshooting.
Step 1: Use authentic HP carts and catomizers
If printer ink cartridges are loaded inside your printer which are not compatible with you printer, it could cause an error concept. To get the best print quality, employ genuine HP cartridges.
HEWLETT PACKARD recommends that you employ genuine HP ink or perhaps toner supplies. HP cannot guarantee the quality or perhaps reliability of non-HP or refilled cartridges. If you do not employ genuine HP cartridges, the steps in this document may well not resolve the concern. To check the credibility of your cartridges, head to hp. com/go/anticounterfeit.
- Video regarding replacing a cartridge
- The next video demonstrates how to replace cartridges.
- If an individual have trouble viewing typically the video or to look at the video in a new different size, just click here to be able to play the video about YouTube.
- Visit HP Sure Supply to check ink or perhaps toner cartridge compatibility or purchase replacement cartridges plus other supplies.
- Go to be able to HP SureSupply.
- If essential, select your country/region.
- Selecting your country/region
Follow the on-screen instructions to order new supplies or examine cartridge compatibility together with your printing device.
You can also purchase genuine HP cartridges plus supplies from other suppliers.
Step 2: Reset typically the printer
Follow actions in order to reset the printing device.
- Turn the printer on, if it is not really already on.
- Wait till the printer is nonproductive and silent before you continue.
- With the printing device turned on, disconnect typically the power cord from the particular rear of the printing device.
- Unplug the power cable from the wall outlet.
- Hold out no less than 60 seconds.
- Connect the power cord again into the wall outlet.
HP recommends hooking up the printer power cable straight to the wall wall plug.
- Reconnect the power cable to the rear regarding the printer.
- Turn upon the printer, if this does not automatically switch on.
- The printer may possibly go through a get ready period. The printer lighting might flash, and typically the carriage might move.
- Hold out until the warm-up period finishes and your printing device is idle and quiet before you proceed.
- In case the HP OfficeJet Pro x476dw Printhead Error persists, continue to the next step.
Step 3: Unseat the printhead
Follow these steps in order to reseat the printhead.
Fall your fingers into typically the slot on the left side of the printer, plus then pull forward to open the cartridge access entrance. The carriage ways to the left side of typically the printer. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before proceeding.
Slot machine on the left aspect of the printer
Unplug the particular power cord from typically the rear of the printer. Unplugging the printer helps prevent the carriage from relocating.
HP Officejet Pro x476dw Printhead Error
You must detach the power cord just before reaching in the printer to avoid risk of accidental injuries or electric shock.
Lift the carriage latch.
Understanding the sides of typically the printhead, and then somewhat lift the printhead without fully removing it from your carriage.
Step 4: Reseat the printhead, and after that lower the carriage latch
- Reinsert the printhead into the carriage to reseat it. As you guide the printhead into the buggy, it settles into typically the carriage since it seats.
- Lightly rock the printhead to be able to the left and right to make sure the printhead completely seats in the carriage.
- Lower the carriage latch.
- Make sure the carriage latch is down.
- Carriage latch is up
- Carriage latch will be down
- Close the printer ink cartridge access door.
- Get in touch the power cord to be able to the rear of typically the printer.
- If the printing device does not start up by simply itself, press the Strength button to turn it on.
- Possible until the start off period finishes and your own printer is idle and silent before you move forward.
- If these steps resolved the issue, there is simply no need to continue maintenance.
- If the HP OfficeJet Pro x476dw Printhead Error persists, see the next step.
Step a few: Reseat the printhead upwards to three times
Occasionally error messages persist following inserting the printhead. To clear any error text messages, reseat the printhead simply by repeating all steps inside this solution around three times.
Examples of problem messages on the printing device control panel:
- Problem with Ink System
- Missing or been unsuccessful printhead
- Ink System Failure
- Printer Failure
- Carriage Quickly pull
Step 5: Remove typically the ink cartridges, and then check the error message
Removing the ink carts and catomizers and checking to have an mistake message can help identify the printer issue. Eliminate the ink cartridges, and and then search for the error concept.
Slip your fingers directly into the slot on typically the left side of typically the printer, and after that pull ahead to open the tattoo cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the particular left side of the particular printer. Possible until the buggy is idle and noiseless you proceed.
- Be sure that the particular colored dot around the container label matches the shaded dot on the buggy slot.
- Push in about the front of typically the cartridge to release that, and then pull the cartridge in the direction of you in order to remove it from the slot.
- Repeat these steps for the other cartridges.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
- Look at the control panel.
- If the inkjet printer displays a ‘Missing or perhaps Failed Printhead’ message on the control panel, then skip to Update the printer firmware.
- If the concept has changed to ‘Replace [K/C/M/Y] Tattoo Cartridge’ then check out typically the next solution.
Still, the HP OfficeJet Pro x476dw Printhead Error message remians on your printer screen, then continue the given steps.
Step 6: Clean the ink carts and catomizers, and after that check the problem message
- Cleaning the ink cartridge contacts, and changing them one at a time can aid determine if a specific ink cartridge is creating the error message.
- Gently dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with bottled or distilled water.
- Gently wash the copper-colored contact about the ink cartridge.
- Wipe the exposure to a dry out lint-free cloth before continuing to the next step.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for that three remaining ink carts and catomizers.
- Carefully reinsert one regarding the ink cartridges directly into its slot, and after that press the ink cartridge ahead until it clicks into place.
- Close the tattoo cartridge access door.
- Look into the printer control panel to be able to see if the problem message persists.
- In the event the ‘Missing or Failed Printhead’ message displays, replace the tattoo cartridge that was just reinstalled.
- The test has determined that this reinstalled printer ink cartridge was triggering the problem.
- If the ‘Replace [K/C/M/Y] Tattoo Cartridge’ displays, repeat actions 5-7 for the 3 remaining ink cartridges.
- When these steps resolved the issue, there is no need to continue troubleshooting.
- If typically the HP OfficeJet Pro x476dw Printhead Error persists, see the particular next step.
Step 7: Update the printer firmware
Step 8: Replace typically the printhead
If you possess completed all of typically the troubleshooting steps and are usually still experiencing a problem, substitute the printhead.
Possible until you have a fresh printhead assembly available just before removing the ink carts and catomizers. HP recommends that an individual do not leave the ink cartridges outside the printer longer than 30 minutes. This could destruction both the printer plus the ink cartridges.
If you have a malfunctioning cartridge or printhead, this could possibly be under warranty. To evaluate the extended warranty on your own ink or toner products, visit hp. com/go/learnaboutsupplies, in addition to then review the limited extended warranty information for your own supplies.
If HP supercedes your printhead assembly beneath warranty, you receive the kit with a brand new printhead assembly, instructions, in addition to a full set associated with cartridges. You must mount the SETUP cartridges of which comes with the brand new printhead, or a container error might occur.
In case your printhead assembly will be no longer under guarantee, you can aquire a new one online.
If you are not in the United States, go to be able to the HP How to Buy website, and after that click your country-language.
A Buy HP page shows. Look for the HEWLETT PACKARD Parts store on this specific page. The location of the HP Parts retail store varies according to your location. Click HP Parts store.
Under Find your part(s), type CR324A (Europe in addition to the Middle East) or CR326A (Japan and Parts of asia Pacific) in the Search by part number textual content box. Stick to the on-screen instructions to order the printhead assembly.
Should you be in the United States, go to HP Parts Store web site (in English) to buy supplies. Still, the HP Officejet Pro x476dw Printhead Error remains on your printer, contact our Printer customer care through the toll-free number 1-855-718-4110 or visit https://www.123-hp-com-ojpro.com.