HP OfficeJet Pro X576dw Driver Unavailable
When you connect your printer and the computer using a wireless connection or USB or an Ethernet cable, it should automatically download the printer driver to the system based on the OS. If the printer driver is not downloaded automatically it means the built-in drivers failed to install on your system. Want to know how to troubleshoot the HP OfficeJet Pro x576dw driver unavailable error, read this blog.
Method 1: Remove your printer from the devices and printers of your system:
- Click on the start menu on your desktop.
- Select control panel and choose Devices and Printers from it.
- If you have connected your printer and the computer using a USB cable, then remove the connection.
- Switch off your printer. Wait for few seconds and then switch it on again. Check if your printer is in a ready state.
- Search for your printer model from the Devices and Printers
- Right click on your printer icon and from the drop-down list choose Remove Device. You will be getting set on instructions on the screen. Follow all that without leaving any.
- If there is more than one icon then remove all the printers.
Before you try to install the built-in printer driver make sure you have connected your printer and computer using a USB cable or to a wired/wireless network.
USB Cable Installation:
- Turn on your computer and connect it to a working internet either using an Ethernet cable or wireless connection
- Switch on your printer and keep it in a ready state.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to your printer and the other end to your computer.
- You will get a prompt and the New Hardware window will open.
- Follow all the prompts without leaving any to install the HP OfficeJet Pro x576dw driver (123.hp.com/setup).
- To check if your printer is working fine now try doing a test print.
- If you can do a test print, then your HP OfficeJet Pro x576dw driver installation is successful.
- If you cannot do the test print go to the next step.
- Check if all the devices are switched on.
- If you have any USB connection from the printer, disconnect it.
- Click on setup from the printer control panel and then select Network or Wireless
- Go to the Wireless Setup Wizard and keep following all the instructions that come on the screen to connect your printer to your network.
- Look for change device installed on your window and then click on it from the list shown.
- You will see the device installation
- Click on the Yes option and choose to save changes from the bottom of the window.
Add Printer Wizard:
- Search for Devices and Printers and click on it to open.
- Select the Add a Printer option to search for your printer name or model.
- You will see the Choose a device to add to this PC window with the list of available printers displayed.
- If you find your printer listed in it, choose your printer model and keep following all the instructions that come on screen.
- Choose the USB port your printer wants to use for a USB connected printer.
- Update your HP OfficeJet Pro x576dw driver.
- Click on HP and then click on the name or model of your printer from the printer’s pane.
- Choose your printer and follow all the instructions to complete the HP OfficeJet Pro x576dw driver installation.
- Click on TCP/IP address or hostname to add a printer, and follow the below instructions to complete the installation.
- Choose AutoDetect from the drop-down list next to the device type.
- Provide your printer’s IP address and wait for your computer to connect to your printer.